Last month you may remember I kept my Parade of Adventures small, and what do you know? I almost did them all.
- Take lots of photographs yes, especially on our little holiday in Hay-on-Wye.
- Write more mm..well I blogged more than usual, and Jen and have started writing again at Notes Across the Sea.
- Buy jeans not surprisingly, fail. Me and shopping are never going to be friends! I have spent a lifetime managing as long as possible without things I need, rather than go to the shops. I felt guilty the other day when the Prof said to me that he misses having a little stroll around the shops, like he used to sometimes on a Saturday before we met. I guess I will have to make an effort.
- Write a letter I am glad I only set myself the task of writing one, because that is all I managed - I wrote a card to the lovely Sara, while I was waiting for the Prof to make a dibber.
I have been thinking about this post for a day or two, and then I read Rebecca's Summer Bucket List and decided that instead of my usual monthly list, I would think of lots of lovely things (plus buying jeans!) that I would like to do during the summer months.
- Spend a day at the beach with the Young Philosopher.
- Buy and plant up some tomato plants, and some annuals for summer colour in the garden. Maybe some red, white and blue for the Olympics.
- Watch series 3 of Lark Rise to Candleford, probably while drinking tea and knitting. I know how to live.
- Paint the front and back doorsteps, and the garden bench. This counts as fun, I like painting!
- Spend a couple of mornings wandering around the shops with the Prof (do I get some wifely brownie points? Or just the jeans?)
- Have a picnic.
- Learn a bit about my new camera. I am still using it like a point and shoot.
- Get out on my own once a week and do something.
That's nine there. I can't think of another thing to make a nice round list of ten. I am happy to accept suggestions!
Do you know what you'll do this summer?