Friday, June 08, 2012

Summer Parade of Adventures, or I Know What I'll Do This Summer



Last month you may remember I kept my Parade of Adventures small, and what do you know? I almost did them all.


  • Take lots of photographs yes, especially on our little holiday in Hay-on-Wye.
  • Write more mm..well I blogged more than usual, and Jen and have started writing again at Notes Across the Sea. 
  • Buy jeans not surprisingly, fail. Me and shopping are never going to be friends! I have spent a lifetime managing as long as possible without things I need, rather than go to the shops. I felt guilty the other day when the Prof said to me that he misses having a little stroll around the shops, like he used to sometimes on a Saturday before we met. I guess I will have to make an effort. 

I have been thinking about this post for a day or two, and then I read Rebecca's Summer Bucket List and decided that instead of my usual monthly list, I would think of lots of lovely things (plus buying jeans!) that I would like to do during the summer months. 

  • Spend a day at the beach with the Young Philosopher.
  • Buy and plant up some tomato plants, and some annuals for summer colour in the garden. Maybe some red, white and blue for the Olympics.
  • Watch series 3 of Lark Rise to Candleford, probably while drinking tea and knitting. I know how to live.
  • Paint the front and back doorsteps, and the garden bench. This counts as fun, I like painting!
  • Spend a couple of mornings wandering around the shops with the Prof (do I get some wifely brownie points? Or just the jeans?) 
  • Have a picnic.
  • Learn a bit about my new camera. I am still using it like a point and shoot. 
  • Get out on my own once a week and do something.

That's nine there. I can't think of another thing to make a nice round list of ten.  I am happy to accept suggestions!


Do you know what you'll do this summer?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, I am your new reader. And for this summer I'd like to work more (I am a freelance writer) to earn more moneys and buy a new camera. That's my plan for this time. ^_^
    You have nice blog, I'd love to see your another posts. :)
    Oh, I just finished design my blog, do you mind to come and see it? There's a little poll on my sidebar. ;)

    xoxo
    http://vinnyms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet, but I was thinking about making a list for the summer. Just haven't put pen to paper. I would like to go to more hiking trails and maybe a picnic. I want to enjoy more local events. Oh and enjoy the kids while they are home for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vinny - hello, good plan to earn money for a new camera. I love mine, just need to learn more about it.

    Swanski - hiking sounds great, we are very urban here so walking not so much fun. Have a lovely summer!

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!