Monday, June 20, 2011

The Prof's first Father's Day

me, the Prof and the Young Philosopher

The Prof had his first Father's Day yesterday.

The Young Philosopher surprised him with a card, some beers and a big bar of chocolate with a message iced on it. The Prof came to live with us when the YP was eighteen. From the start they have got on really well, they make each other laugh and go off together to see stupid action films I don't want to see.  It's lovely that the YP recognises all that the Prof does for him, and I think the Prof was quite touched. In the last two years, the Prof has performed all those fatherly duties required by an almost-grown son - including giving him advice, picking him up, giving him money, cooking him breakfast, and worrying about him almost as much as I do. If that doesn't qualify him as a father-figure, I don't know what does.

2 comments:

  1. hooray! this made me smile.

    congratulation to all of you, making this happy family.

    i need a father figure to ride roller coasters with Karelyn, lol.

    but i agree with you, and wowsa, love that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am so glad that my two favourite chaps get along so well.

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!