Wednesday, July 04, 2012

My idea of fun might not be yours




I found the dictionary definition of 'fun' online: 'Enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure'.  I don't know if I find my afternoon's activities amusing really, but the other two definitions definitely fit.

I don't particularly like ironing in general, in fact I iron very little. I find that, if washed carefully (not too many items per load in the washing machine, remove as soon as the cycle is finished, shake or smooth out and hang carefully) that most of our clothes don't need ironing, even my boys' work shirts.

But I love ironed tea towels, and enjoy making up some fragranced ironing water (cheat: add a very small amount of the divinely scented Ecover Among the Flowers fabric conditioner), watching a film and ironing a huge pile of pretty tea towels.

I may even take a break half way and sit in the garden watching my two lines of washing blowing in the breeze. Also fun. Really.

1 comment:

  1. Love this. :) It's a rather dreary day here today. Usually I enjoy the overcast days, but today on our 4th I'd hoped for brilliant sunshine. Readind your simple and charming blog made me smile!

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!