Wednesday, February 12, 2014

grey days


The weather here is grey, wet and miserable, I'm a bit poorly and have had to miss my craft group and the only thing cheering me up is the good books I've read recently and knitting, which I always find comforting. So here I am, still in pyjamas and purple fluffy dressing gown, ensconced on the sofa with a nice cup of tea and my knitting. 

It's so cold today that I wish the hot water bottle cover was finished already. It's nearly done, just a couple of inches to knit, then the making up and buttons to sew on. I need three buttons and  I'd like red or white ones, which I don't think I have in the right size, though I will turn out the button tin and have a good look. If not then a trip to Hobbycraft will probably have to happen at the weekend, which is never a bad thing! I'm glad I decided to sew on the felt heart, I'm really pleased with it. I think I prefer it to the intarsia heart on the original pattern. 

I've just finished Apple Tree Yard by Louise Doughty, a thriller that I really enjoyed.  I read it in one evening, staying up far too late into the night to finish it. I should stop doing that. They say you shouldn't read in bed, but I do so love to, it's where I do most of my reading. My next read is The Never List by Koethi Zan, I'm only a few pages in but liking it so far. 



Joining Ginny's Yarn Along and Frontier Dreams



5 comments:

  1. feel better soon, feeling icky in the winter is such a sad event. Hopefully you will be better in no time and with your craft group!! I haven't read a book in one evening in a LONG time. It takes me forever to read the simplest of books, I think because I only read one hour at most at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been known to read until almost dawn!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard that one shouldn't read in bed but if I had I shouldn't believe it. It's the best place to read ;) I think the felt heart is better as well. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the advice given to people who have trouble sleeping. No reading, TV, computer or phone in the bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!