Monday, February 06, 2012

Snow!



This was our little back garden on Saturday night at about 11pm. I do love snow, and the way it makes everything look so pretty! My washing lines, next door's huge out of control ceonothus bush tree, the fence that is on the way to falling down, my badly-painted bench - everything looks lovely

Poor Star, our labrador, is very reluctant to go outside in the snow, she only goes out when practically forced to and wanders around sniffing at the ground very suspiciously. Last year, the Young Philosopher would throw a snowball as if it was a ball and she would run after it and then when it hit the ground and shattered, would stand there all bewildered, trying to work out where the ball had gone.

I am not leaving the house if I can help it, though we did make a short trip to charity shop and tip on Saturday (still decluttering!) The temperatures outside have been freezing, I have been having hot water bottles, sometimes even on my lap during the evening, not just in bed! The fluffy socks I got for Christmas have come in very handy, and I have been wearing my purple fluffy dressing gown over my clothes too, but then I am always a chilly mortal, and worse at the moment as I have a cold. I am definitely in hibernation mode. I do love the snow, but I will be so glad to see Spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!