Sunday, August 14, 2016

that was the weekend: three things



1. I've wanted to take the Young Philosopher to Hadleigh Castle for a long time, and we finally did yesterday, on the way to visit my brother and his wife. There's a photograph of the castle ruins on my last post, these Iphone pics were taken on the short walk to get there from the car. I noticed the ruined tower many times over the years when on the train to Southend and idly wondered what it was, but I never visited myself until about eight years ago with the Prof. It's a lovely peaceful place, with a wonderful view across the estuary. I can't believe I lived half an hour away from it all my life and never went there. 

2. Indian food.

3. This song in the car


 




2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how there are things close to us and we don't visit? I want to ferret out those nifty places that I haven't been and I don't have to travel far to get there. lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah - Indian food - I love it. Am yet to achieve a convincing dish yet, but getting there.

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!