Sunday, August 26, 2018

today



Looking out my window....two doves and two pigeons sitting on the fence and eyeing the bird table laden with treats. The big birds eat so much! I'm going to start making a note of how much we spend on bird stuff, they go through it so quickly! I wish I knew a way to stop the big birds hogging at all. Maybe Philip can customise the bird table a bit so only the little ones fit. 

I am thinking a tomato sandwich would be nice for lunch. Philip just got back from the farm with some lovely organic bits and pieces. 

I am thankful for things to look forward to. A new volunteering opportunity, a family barbecue, a visit to an exhibition, a holiday.

One of my favourite things Coffee with cream, currently in my mug.

I am creating a cross stitched Christmas present, and just about to start a new knitting project. 

I am wearing My nightdress. Gotta love a pyjama day. Bare feet isn't working for me though, it's a bit chilly. Time to get the fluffy socks and slippers out. 

I am reading I've just given up on Keep the Home Fires Burning, that carries on where the series Home Fires left off. I got about halfway through, and lost interest. I think I'd have preferred it if it was shorter, it seems to take a very long time to tell the story. Up next, Paula Hawkins' Into the Water.

I am watching I'm working my way through Gavin and Stacey again, always funny. Last night we watched the first of Rites of Passage, an interesting series presented by Grayson Perry. I'm also loving the third series of This is Us. Oh, and I'm enjoying Fear the Walking Dead. Now there's an eclectic list.  

I am hoping that the heatwave is finally over.


In my kitchen Cold meat for Philip, something else for me, mashed potato, peas, pickle. Keeping it simple today.

In my garden My volunteer tomato plant is doing fantastically. it's full of fruit, though none are red yet. 


Board room I'm liking prayer flags and flower girl wands

goodies from the farm today. 

Linking up with the Simple Woman's Daybook




2 comments:

  1. love seeing a snippet of your day. I drink my coffee black with a bit of sugar. I start babysitting this week on Tuesday and I've missed the little girl since I've had a summer break of ten weeks off. I bet she grew!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 've recently given up sugar in coffee and tea at home, though I have to have a bit when I (rarely) have a coffee shop coffee - they are so strong!

      Ten weeks, you will see such a change in the little girl! I have a little niece and sometimes she seems to change and grow in just a week or two.

      Delete

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!