Sunday, February 03, 2013

This was the weekend



This weekend:


  • A long lie in on Saturday morning. I am so appreciative of the new quilt my parents gave us for Christmas. Our old one was so thin, and this one is so luxuriously cosy. 
  • Coffee in bed, courtesy of my lovely Prof.
  • A lot of reading - I finished Still Missing, and really enjoyed it. I thought I hadn't really been in much of a reading mood so far this year, but it must just have been my previous book, as I read this one very quickly. I  have just started a book about urban gardening on a London roof terrace, which is giving me inspiration for our little yard. 
  • An evening with friends - dinner cooked by someone else, lovely dessert and two glasses of wine.
  • The Prof helping my Mum choose a laptop, and setting it up for her, whilst I hovered around trying to look helpful, or knitted. On to the border of the baby blanket now, thankfully. This has not been a pattern I will want to knit again! 
  • A Starbucks caramel macchiato. 
  • My Dad's 'Farvie egg sandwiches' for Sunday tea.
  • Enjoying the return of 'Person of Interest' on Sunday evenings. 






3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend too :)

    Ohhhhh...and a looong lie in! I can't remember what that's like - our toddler wakes up around 6:30ish (sometimes before...)

    The quilt sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a meal cooked by someone else is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coffee looks so delicious! And with a side of chocolate too--perfection!

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!