Tuesday, July 26, 2016

fifteen months later



Glastonbury, 2016

Well, hello. Not sure what happened there, but here I am. What's new with you?

I'm currently in the throes of abandoning a knitting project that I've been working on and and off since April and now it's nearly finished I HATE IT. Does that ever happen to you? All that time wasted, argh. Ah well. I'll have to frog it and make something else - it's got millions of thin stripes though, so it will all be bits. Granny squares for it's new incarnation, maybe. (I learned to crochet! Made a blanket and everything).

I'm not reading so much, this year. I'll share my current book tomorrow, it's going ok but must only be about the fifth I've read this year. I usually read that many in a fortnight. I spend a lot of my reading time online I guess, and I'm admin on a Facebook group that takes up some time each day, some days more than others.

We've been away this year, we had 12 days in a cottage in Wiltshire in April for our fifth wedding anniversary. We try to get away on or around our anniversary every year. Last year we had a couple of days in Ely, at Peacock's Fine B and B which was lovely. We had a sitting room and bedroom, which was so much nicer in the evenings than just a bedroom with nowhere to sit except the bed. Peacock's is also a tearoom and did about a million different types of tea. The owner sent us away on our last day with complimentary packets of our favourites, Builder's for Philip and Russian Caravan for me. We combined our break with some family history research, as my great grandfather came from Ely. I loved it there. You know occasionally you visit somewhere and you think, I could live here. Maybe it was ancestral memory stirring in my genes.

My big news is that after more than six years of illness, and being housebound a lot of the time, I recovered from ME/CFS. I took a training programme called the Lightning Process, and haven't looked back! I first heard of it six years ago and how I wish I had it done it then. I'm glad I've done it now though and would recommend anyone with ME/CFS or other chronic conditions to look into it. I now know many other people who are recovered or greatly improved - and this is a condition for which the NHS has no cure, so it's wonderful that there is something out there that works.

We're away to Gretna Green soon for my brother's wedding, that will be lovely. The August Break starts next week, I might take part again, that will get me taking photos! My photo mojo seems to have waned in the last year or two. I've a baby niece due in October and I'm really looking forward to being an Auntie! We've put in an application to buy our house, and we're planning new gardens front and back before the end of the year. And then it will be Christmas. That seems like enough to be going on with.

I'll be back tomorrow for Yarnalong, with what I'm knitting/crocheting and what I'm reading. It's good to be here.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that the treatment you did was successful, that is wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news about the Lightning project Debbie :-)

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!