Saturday, August 18, 2018

Parade of Adventures for August

When I used to blog here regularly, a looong time ago, I used to do these posts so I thought I'd have another go. Things I'd like to get to doing this month. Just a few to be written here, because if I wrote down all the things that need doing, (and I have done that before! Don't ask to see my Master To-Do List, it's simultaneously awe-inspiring and depressing), we would be here for for hours.  

We're 18 days into August already, so this won't be a very long list. 

Organise the kitchen. I'm cheating slightly here, as I've made a start. Our tiny kitchen is crammed with stuff, so much so that part of the, also tiny, worktop permanently contains groceries that don't fit into the cupboards. This week I had an epiphany that has resulted in me deciding that keeping half a dozen tins of every conceivable foodstuff I might need is unnecessary. Who knew? So I've started sorting out. Two carrier bags of food are going to the food bank this weekend, and I have a clearer worktop and a bit of space in the cupboards. Result. I still have a bit to do, like find a home for fifteen spice jars that don't fit on the spice rack. 

Make curry buns. I found all the ingredients in the cupboard. I don't like making them, mainly due to the cleaning of the mucky pans afterwards, but Philip really likes them in his lunches for work. I'm not even sure I can remember the recipe. Chickpea dhal, onion, rice, an assortment of spices and a number of eggs, I'm just not sure which number. What could go wrong?

Finish my book club book. We're reading Keep the Home Fires Burning by S Block, the book that continues where the series Home Fires left off a couple of years ago. I need to get it finished to lend to my friend in time for her to read it too, before the next book club session. 

Work on a Christmas project. I'm making a couple of gifts and I know from experience what it's like to be sewing/knitting like mad at the last minute! Not this year. 

Declutter 30 things. This should be incredibly easy as I've not had a serious sort out for a couple of years. I should be able to identify 30 things to go in a couple of hours, easy. Watch this space. 

Those five things are enough I think. Let's see how I get on.





No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!