Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Dreaming of Pineapples



The other night I had a weird dream. It was my wedding day, and the bouquet didn't arrive. There was a pineapple nearby and my Mum suggested that I carry that instead of flowers.

I googled the symbolism of pineapples in dreams:

  • To see a pineapple in your dream, represents self-confidence, ambition and success. You are self-assured in what you do. Alternatively, the pineapples symbolize hospitality. Or perhaps you need to relax or take a vacation. To eat a pineapple indicates sexual problems and issues of losing control.
Hmm. I have so little ambition it's laughable. I wouldn't say I am particularly self assured or self confident. Who doesn't need to relax and take a vacation? We are planning a well earned one for after the wedding. Hospitality - yes, I enjoy having people over and that's definitely something I would like to do more of in 2011.

For the record, I would like to state that in my dream I WAS NOT eating the pineapple and neither was the Prof.

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps it was a dream of a warm Hawaiian vacation... that someone planted in your mind ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, could be! Hope you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so interesting! Maybe the fact that you carried it, and that it stood in for your bouquet (which is such an important item in any wedding) represents that you feel good about the choices you've made so far - the man, getting married, combining homes, etc. Maybe you feel more confident than you know! I still suggest carrying flowers on the actual day though (heehee).

    Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! It's lovely to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!