Reverb10 Day 11 prompt by Sam Davidson:
What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?
Well, I could list all the things in the house and loft that I plan to get rid of in 2011, but that would be nearer to 2011 items than a mere 11! Narrowing things down a bit, then, here's just eleven things that I would like to eliminate from my life next year.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. How I would like to be rid of this one. I am getting better gradually, so I am hopeful.
- All the excess items in the house, loft and shed.
- My single status! Having held on to it for 43 years I will be happy to see that go in April.
- Some excess fluffiness that 'contentment' over the last couple of years has brought about.
- The internet. Not entirely, but limiting it is the key I think. Far too easy to spend all day here!
- Multitasking. I do this a lot, and I think it muddles things and means nothing gets my full attention.
- Excess clothes that I don't like and rarely wear. By the end of 2011 I would like to have a more minimal wardrobe, but to like and feel comfortable in, every item.
- My habit of stuffing important papers in various places, and then not being able to find them. Two words: filing system!
- Clutter in my email inbox.
- Bookmarks. I bookmark so many things I am interested in to read later, then when I have hundreds get overwhelmed and delete them all! I need to find a better way...
- Procrastination. As my Mum says 'Don't think about it, just do it!'
If I can get rid of all those things in 2011, I will be a happy girl indeed. Watch this space...