Saturday, December 11, 2010

Reverb10: Things


Reverb10 Day 11 prompt by Sam Davidson:
What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?


Well, I could list all the things in the house and loft that I plan to get rid of in 2011, but that would be nearer to 2011 items than a mere 11! Narrowing things down a bit, then, here's just eleven things that I would like to eliminate from my life next year.
  1. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. How I would like to be rid of this one. I am getting better gradually, so I am hopeful.
  2. All the excess items in the house, loft and shed.
  3. My single status! Having held on to it for 43 years I will be happy to see that go in April.
  4. Some excess fluffiness that 'contentment' over the last couple of years has brought about.
  5. The internet. Not entirely, but limiting it is the key I think. Far too easy to spend all day here!
  6. Multitasking. I do this a lot, and I think it muddles things and means nothing gets my full attention.
  7. Excess clothes that I don't like and rarely wear. By the end of 2011 I would like to have a more minimal wardrobe, but to like and feel comfortable in, every item.
  8. My habit of stuffing important papers in various places, and then not being able to find them. Two words: filing system!
  9. Clutter in my email inbox.
  10. Bookmarks. I bookmark so many things I am interested in to read later, then when I have hundreds get overwhelmed and delete them all! I need to find a better way...
  11. Procrastination. As my Mum says 'Don't think about it, just do it!'
If I can get rid of all those things in 2011, I will be a happy girl indeed. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!