Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Daybook



Outside my window...grey skies

I am thinking...I hope it doesn't rain. Again. 

I am thankful...for the central heating this cold weather and for Options 40 calorie hot chocolate, with half a teaspoon of expensive vanilla...

In the kitchen...leftover veg mince curry from last night

I am wearing...jeans, favourite warm jumper, fluffy socks and my black suede boots

I am creating... a baby blanket as per my last post. I am restraining myself from starting the poncho  I want to knit next. The wool arrived Saturday, it's purple and lovely and soft and I can't wait to get started on it 

I am going...to spend the day with my Mum and Auntie, looking at old photographs

I am wondering...if I have time to finish this post before I have to dash for the bus

I am reading...Still Missing, by Beth Gutcheon

I am hoping...for sunshine

I am looking forward to...a talk on Victorian Workhouses that the  Prof and I are going to this evening

I am learning...more stitches and knitting techniques, after years of only knitting scarves and dishcloths

Around the house...clutter and laundry, as ever

I am pondering...how lovely it will be when we have our bedroom decorated and the Prof has built the fitted wardrobes he is designing

One of my favourite things...surprisingly, All Bran. Only when accompanied by a chopped apple, and perhaps some berries

A few plans for the rest of the week: book club on Wednesday, and more knitting

A favourite quote for today...

Rules for Happiness: 
Something to do 
Someone to love
Something to hope for 

- Immanuel Kant


Joining in with the Simple Woman's Daybook

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love this idea. I hope you don't mind if I steal it for my blog.

    All the best, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quote! I'm copying it into my journal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day! We are having some chillier weather here, but it's a wonderful reprieve from the incredibly hot summer we had in Los Angeles last year. I am probably the only person in this city hoping for rain and more rain! But it makes for such cozy tea and knitting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping for sunshine as well :) This talk about Victorian Workhouses sounds so interesting and fascinating (I hope it was) and I am so impressed by the skills of your Prof: would love to see some photos of his creation the moment it will be ready. I do have my own Prof ;) who is handy as well: I am so proud of him :) And thank you for sharing this quote by Kant: he is such a wise man ...

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!