Monday, January 14, 2013

This was the weekend

So it's the 14th January, I haven't posted since 11th November last year, and somehow the longer I go without saying anything here, the less I have to say and the more I don't know where to start. So I am joining in with Amanda at Habit of Being. This was my weekend...



I ate:  
  • a serendipitiously yummy use-everything-that-is-lurking-in-the-fridge curry 
  • a childish Saturday breakfast of Lucky Charms
  • a naughty Sunday breakfast in the home of the yellow arches
  • a gorgeous avocado/olives/roasted veg bloomer sandwich in Pret a Manger
  • an unexpected roast dinner (fanTASTIC idea to just turn up at Mum and Dad's at Sunday dinner time!)
  • the last of the raspberry jam

I enjoyed:
  • The 1900 House on DVD 
  • finally finishing the present I have been knitting for a friend (can't say too much here....)
  • the knowledge that I already have my next two or three knitting/sewing projects lined up. I love that feeling!
  • a talk on the history of tea
  • an exhibition about grave robbing and dissection in the 19th century at the Museum of London (where we spotted the unusual sculpture in the photo, must find out what that is all  about)
  • the book I am reading, Alice Bliss, which was my Secret Santa gift from a book group friend

I thought about:
  • how lovely it would be to have sweet peas in the garden again this year, how long it is until I can order my plants
  • restraining myself from getting books out of the library until I have read all the books on my to-be-read shelf bookcase
  • some plans for 2013, about which I will write more soon

A belated Happy New Year to you! It's good to be back.      


7 comments:

  1. great seeing you again! love how your organized this post. We watched the 1900 house a few years ago and it was quite fascinating. It is something that I would not do. Have you seen the 1940's house? That was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! Yes, I watched both the 1900 and 1940s House when they were on tv, and wanted to see them again so my husband bought them for me for Christmas. I have my eye on 'Coal House' now which I didn't see on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie!!! I wish I could get excited about a knitting project.....I'm knitting, don't get me wrong, but I'm not super psyched about it. I need a push, I guess. I love your blog name.....because I'm going to be Steph in London the beginning of March. A friend and I are coming over....going to try to squeeze in at least 3 week's worth of stuff in the few days we have. Do you ever do Portobello Market??? Is the antique market really only a Saturday event????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph, I am afraid I am the typical Londoner, and don't venture to the town proper very often at all! I am always saying I should visit more. I have never been to Portobello Market, so I can't help you there, sorry!

      Delete
  4. it sounds like a great weekend! full of good eats, reading, knitting...perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post made me hungry! It sounds like a great weekend. Food, reading, knitting, relaxing. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!