Monday, May 28, 2012

Sad


I came into your room just now and you turned to me, full of enthusiasm for this little red gadget, a new mini speaker you have bought for your laptop.


I heard your words, as you explained how it works and why it is fantastic, but I saw the bed I have been asking you to change for days, the dumped clothes, the glasses and crockery that belong in the dishwasher.


So I listened with half an ear while you spoke, and then reminded you that you need to tidy and to change the bed, and you need to get it done before your friend comes over later today.


You said yes, you were going to do that now.  I saw the light leave your eyes and as your face fell my heart went with it.


For a moment my little boy was there in front of me again, face lit up and eyes aglow with excitement, wanting to share something with me as once we shared everything, and I let the opportunity go.





3 comments:

  1. Me too. Don't be too hard on yourself, though. It happens. Is his room clean yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sad now too. You will have more opportunities like this one with your son again so don't be too sad. Next time you can try and ignore the mess but goodness it is hard to isn't it especially when us Mums just know it will be us who cleans it up if they don't do it!

    Oh yeah I am from the BFTH e-course by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment or just say hello, I'd love to hear from you!